Saturday, January 3, 2015

A Simple Supper

Friday night I made a simple supper of bok choy and catfish.  The bok choy dish was fast and delicious and could easily be a vegetarian dish with some brown rice. But I chose to serve it with fish to amp up the protein.

You can find the recipe on Shauna Ahern's site, Gluten Free Girl.  She used four baby bok choy, but I had a mature head and used that instead.  Removing the stems from the leaves and slicing them all were the same. Cooking time was the same for the stems, but I let the leaves cook a little longer since they were more resilient than the babies. The pumpkin seed oil tames the bitterness of the bok choy, and the ginger and fennel add a nice touch of sweetness.  Find the recipe here: http://glutenfreegirl.com/2006/01/a-shield-against-the-january-germs/

Correction: When I re-read the recipe, I saw that the original used aniseed whereas I used fennel.  They both taste great.

No comments:

Post a Comment