Thursday, January 8, 2015

First Week

I weighed in this morning and good to see that I lost 2 pounds - not too much, not too little.  Slow and steady is my plan. Official weight: 217

Better yet, I've lost 1.25 inches from my waist. Officially: 39 3/4 inches

Even better, I've lost that stiff legged walk I developed to offset the lower back pain.  I didn't expect that for at least another two weeks.

I've managed to do rehab exercises every day in the past week.  My old physical therapist would be so proud. This week I aim for 40 - 45 minutes of PT and replace one day with light weights.

As far as the rest of the checklist:

Working on adding greens.  I've managed most days, but still working on getting them in daily.

Replace cold cereal with oatmeal - Check
Eye doctor appointment - Check
Advanced Genealogy Registration - Check
Halfway through Deep Down Dark - What a great book.
Work on genealogy - um, no because I've had my nose buried in my book.

For the upcoming week:

1. Continue with rehab for 40 to 45 minutes daily, replacing one day with light weight workout. The exercises will be taken (for the most part) from Strong Women Stay Young.

2. Continue to add greens to my daily menus.

3. Finish Deep Down Dark

4. And then work on my mother's genealogy, completing her file and scanning in photos and documents.



No comments:

Post a Comment